For years, the BRAX MATRIX speaker series has been synonymous for unrivaled sound and quality characteristics.
With this in mind, the focus of the further development of the 6.5" / 165 mm woofers had to be built on state-of-the-art technology and sophisticated materials to meet the requirements of the BRAX brand - pure and precise sound reproduction.
As found on our new loudspeakers, the ML10 and ML3, the unique "MicroSphere" coating of the ML6D cone also assures outstanding precision in sound reproduction. This patented technology embeds ceramic hollow spheres with a diameter of solely 75 µm in a polyamide layer that is applied to the cone. The special coating guarantees a perfect inner damping without adversely affecting the weight of the cone. This innovative coating increases the stiffness of the hand-scooped cone and lets the woofer play with a more dynamic and accentuated range.
In terms of design and technology, the BRAX philosophy is continued without exception:
The gentle, precious appearance reveals a number of smart details like the new, hemispherical shaped dust cap for an optimized frequency response in the upper midrange area, the perfectly linear magnet structure for lowest possible distortion, the multiple ventilated voice-coil for high power handling as well as the rigid and aerodynamically efficient die cast basket. Used as a provider of low-frequencies the ML6D finalizes audiophile sound concepts that are designed entirely for authentic musical reproduction and enjoyment.
As with every MATRIX product, each speaker set receives its unique serial number, which is recorded in our service database. The exclusive wooden box packaging emphasizes once again the high-end character of BRAX.
An optional stainless steel mounting ring set including grill (MR6) is also available. The solid stainless steel ring can either be used as mounting ring or grill support ring depending on your mounting position.
- Very stiff lightweight paper cone with unique “MicroSphere” coating consisting of micro ceramic hollow spheres embedded in a polymer layer offers best possible impulse response without any sound colouration
- The new, hemispherically shaped dustcap optimizes the frequency response in the upper midrange area
- Special shaped rubber surround for long linear cone excursion
- Solid, 24 carat gold-plated terminals for maximum conductivity
- Aerodynamically shaped aluminum diecast basket with optimized voice coil ventilation
- Ultra-precise machined magnet system for highest magnetic flux linearity