The legendary BRAX MATRIX loudspeaker series – since many years the synonym for state-of-the-art sound quality is now completed with the ML10 SUB. Developed and manufactured just as uncompromisingly as all BRAX loudspeakers, this subwoofer is the acoustic benchmark against which it is to be measured.
Perfection meets maximum flexibility
Thanks to the use of the new 2 x 2 Ohms dual voice coil, the ML10 SUB enables most flexible connection configurations and therefore allows to achieve an extremely clean and maximally controlled bass reproduction easier than ever before. The separate voice coils with the four massive connection terminals allow three different configurations – 1 x 4 Ohms, 2 x 2 Ohms or 1 x 1 Ohm with an extraordinary maximum power handling up to 1,200 Watts.
MicroSphere – the perfect synthesis of weight and stiffness
One of the secrets of the BRAX ML10 SUB lies in its unique diaphragm, more precisely in its "MicroSphere" coating. It gives the hand-scooped cone the highest level of acoustic precision for an incomparable reproduction. This patented technology embeds ceramic hollow spheres with a diameter of solely 75 µm in a polyamide layer that is applied to the cone. That special coating not only improves the stiffness, but the cones inner damping as well. However, these stabilizing measures do not increase the moving mass. Compared to other subs the cone is even lighter, which not only leads to a lower total Q factor but also further improves the impulse response.
“Engineering at its best” in harmony with timeless elegance
Each BRAX product impresses with a puristic design and perfect workmanship in every detail - and of course the BRAX ML10 SUB is no exception! Its extremely linear magnet drive with precisely machined pole plates for lowest level of distortion, the large, multi-ventilated voice coil for maximum electrical power handling and the aerodynamically shaped and stable die-cast basket warrant for uncompromising bass reproduction at the very highest level.
Of course, the ML10 SUB comes in a noble wooden box with its own serial number, which is recorded in a service database.
- Exceptional stiff hand-scooped paper cone with unique “MicroSphere” coating consisting of micro ceramic hollow spheres embedded in a polymer layer offers best possible impulse response
- Specially shaped rubber surround for long linear cone excursion
- 2 x 2 Ohms dual voice coil with exceptional winding height for high linear excursion and lowest possible distortion
- Optimized voice coil ventilation through large, mesh-protected holes in T-yoke and basket for almost zero compression effects and maximum heat dissipation
- Specially developed, aerodynamically optimized and extremely solid aluminum diecast basket
- Extremely powerful and precisely machined magnet system for highest magnetic flux linearity
- Massive push-terminals for large wire gauge