The legendary BRAX MATRIX loudspeaker series – since many years the synonym for state-of-the-art sound quality – is now expanded with the ML8 SUB. Just as uncompromisingly developed and manufactured as all BRAX loudspeakers, it pursues the goal of acoustic perfection.
Precision in perfection!
For years, our BRAX subwoofer has been the benchmark for precision and unconditionally controlled bass reproduction. It was even more demanding to create a BRAX subwoofer that uncompromisingly reproduces deep bass even in smallest possible enclosures. Each component of this exceptional driver is not only made for dynamics and perfect tonality, but is also designed to convert even huge loads of amplifier power into sound pressure without compression.
MicroSphere – a material for two opposing requirements
The demand for maximum cone stiffness in combination with highest innner damping seems like the attempt to square the circle – actually the unique "MicroSphere" coating, where ceramic micro-hollow spheres with a diameter of only 75 microns are embedded in a polymer layer and applied to the diaphragm makes the impossible possible. It warrants for maximum acoustic precision and unrivaled sound quality.
The clear, reduced design language is the distinguishing feature of every BRAX product – the ML8 SUB follows this philosophy unconditionally. The combination of the finest materials is underlined once more by the optionally available MR8 stainless steel ring, which can be used as a mounting ring or to fix the grille, depending on the installation position. Of course, the ML8 SUB comes in a noble wooden box with its own serial number, which is recorded in a service database.
- Exceptional stiff hand-scooped paper cone with unique “MicroSphere” coating consisting of micro ceramic hollow spheres embedded in a polymer layer offers best possible impulse response
- Specially shaped rubber surround for long linear cone excursion
- 2 x 2 Ohms dual voice coil with exceptional winding height for high linear excursion and lowest possible distortion
- Optimized voice coil ventilation through large, mesh-protected holes in T-yoke and basket for almost zero compression effects and maximum heat dissipation
- Specially developed, aerodynamically optimized and extremely solid aluminum diecast basket
- Extremely powerful and precisely machined magnet system for highest magnetic flux linearity
- Massive push-terminals for large wire gauge